What is Active Heart?
A gentle exercise Program for people experiencing, or at risk of Heart Disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Arthritis, Depression,
Obesity or Cancer.
The Integra Active Heart Program is run by accredited exercise professionals specifically trained in managing safe, low to moderate intensity physical activity programs.
What are the benefits of the Program?
It’s hard to overstate the long term benefits of exercise and physical fitness.
- Decrease Cholesterol
- Reduce inflammation
- Increase weight loss
- Increase overall health
- Assist in rehabilitation
- Improve bone mineral density
- Lower High Blood Pressure
- Reduce ‘Hardening of the Arteries’
- Slow the progression of Heart Failure
- Improve balance
- Prevent falls and injuries from falls
Why do you need exercise?
The truth is that building your muscles and general fitness is more important than ever at this stage of life. Muscles tend to weaken and this decline can eventually rob people of their active, independent lifestyles. Fortunately, you can reverse that trend with a few simple exercises.
- As we get older we lose approximately 2kg – 3kg of muscle every 10 years.
- Muscle loss is accompanied with the reduction of metabolism, 2%- 5% every 10 years.
- The more muscle you have the more energy you burn. The energy used to fuel muscle is usually your stored energy – body fat, hence a reduction in body fat.
- Over the years we lose water in our cartilage and discs, which in turn increases the amount of instability in the joints. Because of the natural aging process it is even more important to maintain your muscle strength.
- The stronger the muscles the less unwarranted joint movement.
- If you keep active your range of motion is also maximized.
- The strength in the legs in the older population is a critical component of walking ability. The less strength you have the slower your walking pace will become.
It’s Safe, It’s Effective, and It’s Never Too Late To Start.
Please stay and enjoy the Complimentary Morning Tea
Tuesday 10.30am – 11.30am and 11.30 – 12.30pm
Thursday 10.30am – 11.30am
$5 per session
NO CONTRACT REQUIRED!
It’s easy to get started…
1. Obtain a Medical Certificate from your local doctor, clearing you to exercise.
2. Organise some comfortable exercise clothing and shoes.
3. Bring a drink and a towel.
4. Choose a class and come on out and have fun.
We look forward to seeing you soon.